Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, June 12, 2015

Eight New Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipstick Shades (Pics & Swatch Comparisons)

UPDATE: additional swatches added to bottom of post.

Did you hear the news? The new (permanent) Milani Moisture Matte Lipstick shades have landed! We've got eight new beauties in this range, but if you missed my review/swatches of the original eight shades, you can check that out HERE (I adore these lipsticks so much).

Many thanks to reader Joy (@blackandwhitepolkadots28 on Instagram) for this one. She spotted this display at a local drugstore in her area, but I'm guessing they'll be popping up at CVS and other retailers soon (alongside the new limited edition Powder Rose Blushes). Joy kindly shared some pics of the display plus some swatch comparisons:

image credit: @blackandwhitepolkadots28 for Nouveau Cheap
Eight New Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipstick Shades

Keep reading for more pics and some swatch comparisons...

image credit: @blackandwhitepolkadots28 for Nouveau Cheap
74 Matte Darling, 69 Matte Beauty, 71 Matte Flirty

image credit: @blackandwhitepolkadots28 for Nouveau Cheap
73 Matte Love, 70 Matte Fearless

image credit: @blackandwhitepolkadots28 for Nouveau Cheap
68 Matte Iconic, 72 Matte Kiss, 75 Matte Luxe

Joy was also nice enough to compare the two shades she purchased to some existing Milani lipstick shades:

Matte Naked (original Moisture Matte shade)
Matte Beauty (new Moisture Matte shade)

As you can see, Matte Beauty appears to be darker, and warmer, than Matte Naked. Great news if Matte Naked was a tad too cool or light for you, right? I love Matte Naked but it can be just a little bit too light on me sometimes, depending on the look I'm going for, so I cannot wait to try Matte Beauty.

image credit: @blackandwhitepolkadots28 for Nouveau Cheap
Plumrose (from the Color Statement line)
Matte Darling (new Moisture Matte shade)

Plumrose is one of my faves in the regular Color Statement line (on me it's a pinky-brownish-mauve) but I'm kind of liking the idea of a slightly lighter, more pink shade for summer. What about you?

image credit: @zenia1 for Nouveau Cheap
Matte Darling, Matte Iconic, Matte Luxe

I just received these swatches of Matte Darling, Matte Iconic and Matte Luxe from reader @zenia1 on Instagram. She also kindly swatched MAC Ruby Woo next to Milani Matte Iconic for us:


image credit: @zenia1 for Nouveau Cheap
MAC Ruby Woo vs. Milani Matte Iconic

@zenia1 said that Ruby Woo is a tad warmer, while Matte Iconic has a touch more pink to it. But yeah, VERY close, right? Yay!

UPDATE:


image credit: @zenia1 for Nouveau Cheap
Milani Matte Luxe swatch comparisons

@zenia1 is on a roll! She just shared some great swatch comparisons of Milani Matte Luxe vs. some other popular bright orange shades. She told me that when she put some translucent powder on top of MAC Morange, it looked identical to Milani Matte Luxe. So if you've always wanted a matte version of MAC Morange, there you go! Oranges get a little distorted on certain monitors, so if you're having a hard time telling these swatches apart, LA Splash Glazed Papaya is a touch darker and Revlon Audacious is a touch pinker. MAC Morange definitely looks the most like like Milani Matte Luxe, just with a shiny finish.

Have you spotted these new shades in your area yet? If so, did you find them at CVS, Walgreens or elsewhere? What do you think of these new additions to the Moisture Matte line? Do you have your eye on any shades in particular?

Thanks so much, Joy and @zenia1, for the great pics (and swatches). I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Oh, I am loving these colors. Matte Beauty looks like a perfect day color but I am really curious about the Matte Lux. That looks like a fun summer coral color. Must stop at CVS on my way home from work to find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so curious about Matte Luxe too! Hope you find them soon!! :)

      Delete
  2. my POOR WALLET!!!! OUR POOR WALLETS!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found them yesterday. I got 5 of them. I got Matte Fearless, Love, Darling, Beauty and Kiss. The colors are amazing and your assessment is spot on, G! Matte Kiss looks exactly like Mac's Ruby Woo, on me. I have to say that the new Maybelline Mattes have a creamier feel but they're both fantastic products. Between the two brands, I picked up 9 new lippies yesterday and I'm sure I'll end up getting more over the weekend. I can't resist! The drug store brands are improving by leaps and bounds, each year. I love it but I've completely run out of storage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!!! Aaah that's great news about the Ruby Woo dupe!! Thanks so much for letting us know!! :)

      Delete
    2. Hey, did u find the in cvs or walgreens?

      Delete
  4. This is very exciting, I just don't get why the colors are so dark for a Spring/Summer release :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since this isn't a limited edition collection, and just new shades for the core line, I don't think the goal was to be seasonal-appropriate. :) BUT, if I remember correctly, I think Milani mentioned on social media that these new shades were debuting in the fall, but sometimes things end up hitting stores a bit earlier. :)

      Delete
  5. I want a few of these. Flirty, Love, Fearless and Iconic all look super appealing. I've only tried one of the other matte Milani lippies and like it a lot and want to go back and get that bright purple from that original rollout, too. They tempt me too much, but they're usually $4 at Kmart ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited about these new shades. Iconic, Love, Fearless, and Flirty all look like they will come home with me eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spotted these at HEB Plus yesterday but I went back to get another color and its picked clean. There are 2 more HEBs in Houston taht I know of that usually carry displays.
    HEB in Pearland Pkwy and HEB in Santa Fe off exit20 on I-45

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping HEB Plus would receive these new Milani lipsticks before the $1 off any Milani cosmetics ended. I am about to start calling all of my HEB stores right now. Thanks for that tip!

      Delete
  8. Yaaaaaas Milani! I can't wait for these. I loved the originals

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw a full display at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excited about this new collection. Super happy to hear that they have been spotted in Walgreens and HEB Plus as well. One HEB Plus store told me to check back on June 20-22 because that was when they were going to reset their L'OREAL section. So the new Le Matte and La Lacque lipcolor sticks should be arriving by that time. Hopefully they will receive the new Milani lipsticks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhhh and I *just* got a 25% off anything coupon in the mail from CVS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Matte Darling is calling my name! I hope I can find these lippies. I'm still waiting for the Maybelline creams to come this way : (

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found rose blushes yesterday ... didn't see the lipsticks yet... they are permanent right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3 CVS's checked, none yet...but they did get the new blushes pretty fast so here's hoping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a feeling that Matte Beauty might be a dupe for MAC's new color Persistence. I'm not sure though cause I don't own it but it looks very similar to the mac swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would love to try to these...wish my money plant had actual bills on them.. :((

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg I love this formula!! I remember the first set of 8? 10? That Came Out had quite a few MAC dupes in it!

    I'll definitely be buying most, if not all of the new shades! I'll be on a mission this weekend to find them lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. If anybody in Phoenix is looking for these lipsticks or the Milani brow products, the Walgreens at Southern and Alma School has full displays. Just spotted them!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig