Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, September 20, 2014

Spotted at Target: NEW Clairol Hair Food Hair Care Collection

So I was at Target the other day and stumbled across a brand new line of hair care by Clairol called Hair Food. I purchased one product from this new line (see below), which I'll review as soon as I'm done testing, but I thought you might like to see the entire line, in case you haven't spotted this new collection in person yet!

NEW Clairol Hair Food Root Cleansing Shampoo
(retail: $9.99 at Target, 10.1 oz)

Keep reading for a look at the entire line...

This collection contains three different categories: Clarifying, Moisturizing and Volumizing. Per the labels, ALL of the products in this collection are paraben-free and mineral oil-free. The shampoos are also silicone-free, but I did not see "silicone free" on any of the conditioners or treatments.


Top row - Clarifying (one product):
  • Strawberry & Ginger Root Clarifying Shampoo ($9.99). Silicone-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free.
Middle row - Moisturizing (three products):
  • Apricot & Honey Moisture Shampoo ($9.99). Silicone-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free.
  • Apricot & Honey Moisture Conditioner ($9.99). Paraben-free, mineral oil-free.
  • Apricot & Honey Moisture Hair Mask ($12.99; not pictured). Paraben-free, mineral oil-free.
Bottom row - Volumizing (three products):
  • Kiwi & Fig Volume Shampoo ($9.99). Silicone-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free.
  • Kiwi & Fig Volume Conditioner ($9.99). Paraben-free, mineral oil-free.
  • Kiwi & Fig Volume Thickening Treatment ($12.99). Paraben-free, mineral oil-free.

Here's a closer look at the packaging for the Clarifying Shampoo:

Clairol Hair Food Root Cleansing Shampoo
(retail: $9.99 at Target, 10.1 oz)

I really like the modern, upscale feel of the packaging, and I LOVE the pump dispenser. I did notice that none of the shampoos in this display were filled to the top (you can see a rather large gap in my bottle above, which is unused/unopened). Perhaps this is to prevent leakage but, given the price, I would have liked to have seen the bottles completely full. But then again, since this is a Clairol brand, I would expect that we'll see LOTS of sales and coupons in the future, so you know we'll never have to pay full price.

By the way, this shampoo smells DIVINE and I can't wait to start testing it. I'll definitely post a review after I give it a few weeks.

Have you spotted the new Clairol Hair Food line in your area yet? Thoughts?

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Thickening treatment? Maybe, I might try it. ... but I like to use tresemme volumizing dry shampoo on clean hair. Is there anything better? As I like to say... I have real hair now. As opposed to baby fine crappy hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleeezzzze start shampooing & conditioning and let us know how they work out! Those scents sound totally divine & I like the no paraben, silicone & mineral oil. Hopefully the shampoos won't build up and make hair oily. I feel like running to Target right now to smell strawberry & ginger! The price is a bit steep for Clairol, approx. 30 cents per oz. of Herbal Essences vs. 99 cents per oz. of Hair Food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the specific preservatives used? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to look into the clarifying products because I'm looking for a good clarifying shampoo for my thick, oily hair. Clarifying shampoos are good to use once a week to get that deep clean and get rid of any by-products that are still in your hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried Alberto VO5 Herbal Escapes Kiwi Lime Squeeze with lemongrass extract shampoo? It's ridiculously inexpensive, works great, and smells fantastico!

      Delete
    2. That has been my fav clarifier for 10+ yrs now! Once in a blue moon if I'm feeling the need for a real fresh start, I add a pinch of baking soda. I just discovered V05 makes a "family size" with a pump...got it at Harmon inside BBB. Also makes a great cosmetic brush cleanser.

      Delete
  5. Target sent me an email that included the Clairol Hair Food collection. I am so interested in trying the clarifying shampoo because I like to clarify my hair but haven't really found a go to brand. I also want to definitely buy the moisturizing collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to like these, but I'm not a fan of the fact that the shampoos aren't sulfate-free, and the conditioners aren't silicone-free. But, I'm definitely interested to see if you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I'm concerned about, really, are sulfides, because they strip my color. I wish they were sulfide free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummed the conditioners aren't cone free, my hair just hates that stuff since it's been bleached. The shampoos sound nice for when I want to force fade my color so I'll keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, I have not seen this product yet. I am going to check out our Target but before I buy any of the products could you please do a review on how you liked it or not.
    I also wanted to tell you how much I love your blog. I read it every time you post.
    Beauty Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for reviews! The names make them sound like they will smell divine! I have my holy grail but I will definitely try them G. If you like them

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been needing to get a hair mask product. This might just be the one to try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Target has 10% off this line on their Cartwheel app! Can't wait for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the packaging. I can't wait to see your review for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used the moisturizing products from that line. I give them 4.5 out of 5 stars. I really loved it. It was also significantly cheaper than the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner i usually use. Definitely worth the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you use the mask as well? I'm really interested in trying this line.

      Delete
  15. What does the Apricot & Honey conditioner smell like? (I know, duh, it smells like apricots, but what does the honey scent do to it?) Is it real fruity or mild, herbal or just fruit, sweet? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just saw this offer on Target's Cartwheel app last night and wanted to research it before buying. I'm so glad my search results led me to your blog. I can't wait to hear what you think and am having so much fun reading through your blog now! I love beauty products and like to hear what others think before I run right out and try something. You will definitely be added to my bloglovin' reading list!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought the Volumizing shampoo, conditioner, and treatment to try them out. Really liking the shampoo and conditioner so far, but the volumizing treatment has alcohol in it so the consistency is really thin and it feels drying on my hair. It also smells like alcohol instead of Kiwi & Fig, which is another let down.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig