Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, August 2, 2014

Spotted: NEW Maybelline Color Sensational Mattes (ten shades)

Attention matte lippie lovers! If you're a Color Sensational fan, I'm about to make your day.

The brand new Color Sensational Matte lipsticks are now popping up in the permanent Maybelline display at Rite Aid and elsewhere. So,far, I have only heard that the display is popping up, but I'm assuming the actual lipsticks will appear shortly.

NOTE: The Color Sensational Mattes are not to be confused with the Asia-exclusive Color Sensational BOLD Mattes,(matte versions of the Color Sensational Vivids). The Color Sensational Mattes that we're getting here in the US appear to be matte versions of the regular Color Sensational formula, not matte versions of the Vivids.

Many thanks to reader Meghan for the following pics of the display, which she spotted in the permanent Maybelline wall display at Rite Aid this week:

image credit: Meghan for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Maybelline Color Sensational Mattes in the permanent display at Rite Aid
(retail: $7.99 each at Rite Aid)

As you can see, there are ten shades in this range (that's a lot of color options for a matte lipstick line!). Here's a closer look:

image credit: Meghan for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Meghan for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Meghan for Nouveau Cheap

Meghan was also nice enough to include the shade names, along with her description of each shade based on the display:

650 Nude Embrace - warm beige
655 Daringly Nude - orange-y caramel
660 Touch of Spice - sepia/reddish orange
665 Lust for Blush - deep mauve
670 Ravishing Rose - bright rosy pink
675 Faint for Fuchsia - hot pink w/neutral undertone
680 Mesmerizing Magenta - deep bright reddish pink
685 Craving Coral - bright coral
690 Siren in Scarlet - True Red
695 Divine Wine - dark reddish berry

If you're a longtime reader of this blog, then you know I love my mattes, and you know I love Color Sensational lip products. I have a weird feeling that I may end up splurging on multiple tubes when I find these, and of course I will swatch/review them as soon as I get my grubby little hands on them. I cannot express to you how happy I am that these are not limited edition. No panicking required, matte lovers!

I also want to mention that reader Hailey told me just yesterday that she spotted this exact (empty) display at her local MXC (Marine Corps Exchange), so I'm guessing that it's only a matter of time before this new addition to the permanent display is installed at all retailers. (And thanks for that tip, Hailey!)

Have you spotted the display (empty or full) in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks again, Meghan, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. This is very exciting!! Time to hunt them down haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope these come out in the UK soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too D= I'll be disappointed if they don't!

      Delete
  3. I saw this display at my riteaid in irvine, ca on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this blog!! I am starting my own and my goal is to create a community like you have! The way you interact with your readers is truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good shade range. I will probably grab Touch of Spice first. I'm on a real 90's lipstick kick, and nothing to do with Kylie Jenner. The only mattes left in the drugstore are Rimmel Kate Moss, so I hope this catches on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milani instagramed that they have a matte line coming out this winter ;) ..and there might be new Kate Moss lipsticks soon but that I'm not 100% sure on

      Delete
  6. I'm definitely interested in the matte wine shade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shades look very colorful. I'm going to have to try out Divine Wine when the lipsticks come out in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad these are permanent so I don't have to worry about missing out on these. Loving the last two shades and those will be my first two buys when I find some. I want them all though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope I can find these, I really like the Color Sensational lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well...putting these on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to find these in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is an empty display at my ULTA. Matte lipsticks aren't my first choice but I will definitely try one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the formula of the Maybelline lipsticks and I'm super excited that they have these new matte shades coming out!! I love matte lipstick and it's a bit hard to find good ones at the drugstore. I love the Rimmel matte lipsticks by Kate Moss but the color selection is pretty small and this looks like there's going to be a wide range of colors to choose from :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic! I love the shades I have, but mattes are awesome. I hope the formula isn't too drying.

    Time to resume lurking in my local Walgreens and Walmarts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Any updates on this collection? I really want to order it but can't seem to find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are actually listed on the Harmon's website! I was looking for the brow gel and figured I'd look around and they're there. They look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found these at target today in florida :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I just posted pics of all these new Maybelline lippies on my Instagram! I tagged you...@brokebabebeauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've seen them at my Kroger here in Dallas/Fort Worth!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Any idea when they'll be out in the UK?????

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish they'd come out with a more neutral brown color, like tree bark. My lips lean kinda light red, so I have to take that into consideration. Also, I can't find ingredients for these. I've not seen them around town yet, either. =/

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig