Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, June 14, 2014

Spotted: Maybelline Color Show Jewels Collection

Remember when I posted a sneak-peek at the Maybelline Color Show Jewels collection back in May? Well this collection of glitter toppers has finally landed at Bed Bath & Beyond (in addition to the new Color Show Veils--CLICK HERE if you missed my post about those). And both collections appear to be permanent, not limited edition.

Thanks so much to Karen of Frazzle and Anipolish for this pic:

image credit: Karen for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Maybelline Color Show Jewels Collection

So I have some good news and some bad news about the Color Show Jewels....

If you love glitter toppers, you'll probably love some these polishes since there are some very pretty combos in this collection.

But if you were hoping that the gold polish in this collection contained gold flakes (see NYC Top of Gold, Revlon Gold Goddess, Zoya Maria Louisa, etc.), you're out of luck. Both the gold and silver polishes in this collection actually contain shredded glitters (think stiff shards instead of soft, pliable flakes).

  • Click HERE to see Karen's pic of the gold and silver shades (Gilded in Gold and Gleaming Graphite).
  • Click HERE to see Karen's pic of the other three shades in this collection (Mosaic Prism, Precious Pearly and Platinum Adorn). 

Have you spotted the new Color Show Jewels in your area yet? Anything jumping out at you here?

Thanks again, Karen, for the great pics and info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love how fast Maybelline polishes dry but every one that I have tried has chipped quickly! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spotted these at Bed Bath & Beyond. I just picked up the white one. I didn't have a white flaky topper and now have one. It makes nice jelly sandwiches, too. The rest didn't really grab me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From looking at the pics, I think the white one is probably the best. I agree that the other ones were nothing to write home about. Have to see them in person though. Hope I can find this display soon...

      Delete
  3. Precious Pearl looks very interesting! Will be on the lookout soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That white one looks like a dupe for the UK release of Maybelline Color Show Acid Wash Top Splatter (the white glitter topper from the collection of four)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The white one looks interesting! I'll pass on the shard glitter though. I've had too many problems with shard glitter not wanting to lay flat on the nail.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig