Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Spotted: L'Oreal Collection Privée by Colour Riche Nail Color Collection

I was 99.9% sure that, as with so many other L'Oreal collections that surface only in Canada and Europe, we in the US were never going to get the 2013 Collection Privée. Why did I think we would never see the Collection Privée here? Well for starters, in Canada, this collection was created for the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival, and L'Oreal Canada even created a short "film" about it:


As you can see, this collection includes lipsticks (and nail colors) created for and/or inspired by an array of celebrities and it's very reminiscent of the L'Oreal Star Secrets lipstick range. The beautiful women who are featured in this campaign are of various ages and ethnicities, while the shades in the range complement the skintone of each woman.

MUCH to my surprise, the nail polishes in the 2013 Collection Privée are now surfacing at various US drugstores. But they're not exactly what L'Oreal released in Canada and Europe. Keep reading to see what I mean...

image credit :Gabby for Nouveau Cheap
L'Oreal 2013 Collection Privée Colour Riche Nail Colors

Huge thanks to reader Gabby for these photos of the L'Oreal Collection Privée, which she spotted at her local Rite Aid this week. Looking at this collection and comparing it to the Collection Privée that was released earlier this year in Canada, there are some major differences. First of all, the bottle shape is different (I believe the bottle shape in Canada is actually the standard bottle shape for L'Oreal polishes in Canada, but I could be wrong).

Second of all, I believe there were only four colors in the Canadian version of this collection (I think there were a few other shades released in Europe, or perhaps Europe received some shades that Canada did not receive, or vice versa...sorry, it's all a bit confusing to me).  As you can see, we get six (nude) shades in the US collection:

image credit :Gabby for Nouveau Cheap

The shade names from left to right:

julianne's nude, eva's nude, doutzen's nude, jennifer's nude, liya's nude, frieda's nude

image credit :Gabby for Nouveau Cheap

Now I'm wondering if we're going to get the 2013 Collection Privée Lipsticks (or some version of the lipsticks)? We might not get the lipsticks at all since we already have the Star Secrets lipsticks here in the US. I guess only time will tell. For the record, here are the Collection Privée lipstick shades that were released in Europe, and in that post the blogger breaks down what the differences were between the European and Canadian releases, if you're interested.

And is it just me, or do these US Collection Privée nail colors remind you a bit of the L'Oreal Fall 2012 New York Nudes? What's funny is that the New York Nudes were sort of in the same color family as the Urban Decay Naked Palette, while the Collection Privée polishes are sort of similar to the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette!

Thanks so much, Gabby, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. From what I can tell from the UK site, we have six shades for the nail colours as follows
    102 Macaroon Noisette - Freidas shade
    107 Beige Boheme - Cheryls shade
    109 Cafe St Germain - Liyas shade
    201 Rose Madamoiselle - Doutzens Shade
    202 Marie Antoinette -Juliannes shade
    204 Boudoir Rose - Eva's shade

    We have the small thin bottles in the UK, which I don't like at all....

    The lipsticks are also in six shades, you can see them here http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/collection-privee/questionnaire.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoya has released their newest collection which is a group of beautiful nude shades, so apparently this is a trend. The L'Oréal looks like maybe it's a more affordable option? Hard to beat the Zoya formula, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this display I can tell already that nudes are going to be big in early 2014 and I think I shall be getting on the band wagon for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want those lipsticks to release here in the states! I want the Eva shade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these in Walgreens tonight and bought Doutzen's nude which is a good office friendly color. At least one of them (freida's) looked frosty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will need these as I adore nude nail polishes and lipsticks. I'm guessing, since there is no mention, that these are NOT limited edition. I certainly hope I can locate them in my area, as well as wishing for the lipsticks to surface in the US. The new Zoya nude collection is gorgeous as well, but this one is definitely more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freida's nude is exactly the same as cover girl "pretty penny". It's the only non-cream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the L'Oreal USA website, someone posted a question asking if the US was getting the Collection Privee lipsticks. L'Oreal responded back and said to watch for them in early 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw this collection at my cvs. They were a little too sheer for my liking. The idea of the collection was really nice though.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig