Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 12, 2012

Essie Yogaga Collection: more details emerge

If you missed my post from yesterday, there's a new collection from Essie hitting drugstores and it's called Yogaga:

 image credit: Ariadne Elise for Nouveau Cheap
Left to right: Marathin, Boxer Shorts, Pilates Hottie, Yogaga

It turns out that there are two ADDITIONAL shades (not featured in this 4-pk display) and reader Ryan was kind enough to share the following info about those two shades.

Ryan writes:

There are two additional colors to the collection for a total of six, and I picked up five of them!! The other two colors not shown are Gym Dandy, which is darker than Chinchilly but a little lighter than Mink muffs. Pretty color. And the other one is Spinning Again, a dark burgundy...

Thanks so much, Ryan, for taking the time to share this extra info with us! 

Have you spotted all six Yogaga colors in your area yet? Thoughts?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Argh! Are they ever going to move off pastels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boxer Shorts is definetly not a pastel, and Marathin isn't really either :) Also, if you can get your hands on School of Hard Rocks, a dusty teal with shimmer, it's my favorite Essie color {and it's not pastel either}. :)

      Delete
    2. Have you tried Mirror Metallics? They're gorgeous... Penny Talk is always selling out.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, seriously, they're calling it MaraTHIN? That name gives me the squicks. Also that color looks very Nana (sorry Nana.) I like the other three though, they look promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave me huge squicks too. Can't I even wear nailpolish anymore without being reminded of how unacceptable my non-thinness is? What? Are my nails too fat for society too?

      Delete
  3. Yes, Kimberly, the Essie fall set called "Stylenomics" has a dark green, two dark reds, a bright red, a mauvish-tan (?), and a greige (also ?, meaning not sure). I'm interested in the three dark colors. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good. I guess I'm just not one for a LOT of light/pastel/dusty colors.

      Delete
  4. LOL! I totally was going to suggest that one was Marathin. That's what it looked like to my eyes, but I figured not because it doesn't really make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember when it was all about aerobics and jazzercise? haha --I don't like Marathin just for the name. It's kind of "hmm, what were they thinking?" I'll probably want Spinning Again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these, but I feel like I've seen them before. Essie needs to do a collection that is out of their comfort zone. Holo? I can dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are attempting that with the Chrome Collection. And I agree with you, btw. ;)

      Delete
  7. As a huge Essie fan and collector I can't wait till these hit the shelves near me. Im over the neon/brights trend now (on my toes its still ok) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not excited about any of these colors (that are pictured here). I usually don't see any Essie polishes that I can't "live without " except for top coat! I only have a few Essies in my collection actually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first I've heard about this collection. Can't wait to see them in person and start seeing swatches online:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually love marathin and can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just saw these at my local Walgreens today. They just had the display with 4 of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just picked up Yogaga last night and have it on my toes. It is just a gorgeous shade=D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig