Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, June 3, 2011

New Sally Hansen Hard as Nails nail polish in Frozen Solid

After finally spotting the newly revamped Sally Hansen Hard as Nails collection at my local Walgreens (click here if you missed the pics), and then noticing that these polishes retail for just $1.99 each, I finally decided to pick one up. Actually, what REALLY made me want to pick one up was seeing Mary's review here.

At first I was going to purchase the foil-y lilac shade, but then the foil-y blue shade called out to me:

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails nail polish in Frozen Solid
(retail: $1.99)

Frozen Solid is a great name for this icy blue foil. Even though I've kind of burned myself out on these types of polishes, I was drawn to the iciness of this shade.

The formula is pretty thin and it required three coats for decent opacity but, even after three coats, you can still see VNL (visible nail line), so I'm thinking this color would work best as a layering shade, or at least worn under a coat of white polish.


Something that you can't really see in my pics is that Frozen Solid isn't your ordinary foil. There are iridescent particles to this polish that give it almost a scattered, duochome-y look when viewed in certain lights.


Here are some macro shots of the bottle--I hope you can see the iridescent little particles floating around in this polish:




This iridescence gives this polish sort of an ice-princess-meets-mermaid type of feel that I really love. The longer I wear Frozen Solid, the more I love it. I wore this color for three days and, by day three, I had minimal tip-wear, so I'm curious to see how long I can go without any serious chipping. So far so good!

Have you purchased any polishes from the newly-revamped Hard as Nails line? If so, what do you think of them? You can't beat the price, that's for sure!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Hmm...I haven't seen this display at my Wags yet, but I will be on the look out!

    But I know for sure I will buy the lilac shade!

    Maybe I'm totally losing it tonight...but this shade keeps on reminding me of prom? O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ice princess meets mermaid description. I think you are spot on. It's a very beautiful color; great for the warmer months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that's gorgeous! blues are my faves. i can't believe it's only $1.99! at that price i can afford to get the lilac one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this color is so pretty for only 1.99? woahhh that's a steal!! I will be checking these out~ Thank you for the post! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've bought a few: Rock Candy, Brownstone, Tough Love, Love Rocks, and I can't recall but I think I might have picked up Frozen Solid as well. I've only worn Brownstone and the green one (Tough Love) thus far, but I liked them both. And yes, that price is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought Frozen Solid too. It totally caught my eye in the display. I layered it over Wet n Wild Craze in Morbid and it looked pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty! cant wait to see these at my drugstores!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked up a few from the line including the top coat rock candy.. hard candy? can't beat it for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wearing Frozen Solid as a french tip for the past 6 days, and no chips what-so-ever. I'm impressed because I have done a lot of cleaning, dog washing (insert plural haha), and box opening this week lol Glad it held up. And G, you're spot on about the "princess" feel this color has, it's actually really beautiful and unique I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful icey shade of blue! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. what?? $1.99 only?? I must go look, lol. The color looks gorgeous :]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty color! Gonna keep these on the radar!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig