Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Swatchfest! Milani Metallic Baked Eyeshadows

Remember back in December when we first started spotting the Milani Metallic and Marbleized Baked Eyeshadow displays? Wow, that seems like so long ago!

If you caught my review of the beautiful reddish-copper shade, I Heart You, then you know that I've been loving that color quite a bit. Today I'd like to show you the remaining five shades in the Milani Metallic Eyeshadow collection, which I was fortunate enough to receive for review recently:


 Milani Metallic Baked Eyeshadows
(retail: $7.49 each)

Before we get into the swatches, I just want to reiterate that, according to the labels on these shadows, they're designed to be "worn dry for a softer look" or "wet to intensify". Since I usually wear baked shadows with primer as opposed to foiled (applied with a damp brush) I chose to swatch them dry and then on top of  primer.

All of the following shades were swatched on bare skin (first swatch), and then on top of Urban Decay Primer Potion (second swatch):


Pink Twice is a more complex shade than what you see above. At certain angles it's a warm pink, while at other angles there's a cooler pink shimmer running it through it that really comes through. If you're a pink eyeshadow fan, I think you might love this one. 


In real life, Teal the Truth looks very much like the above photos. It's a lovely, vibrant teal that really comes alive over primer. I'm excited to try this wet as a liner.


Purrr-Fect Purple is a bit more vibrant in real life than what you see above. In these pictures, it's difficult to see the violet blue shimmer that's running through this shadow. It makes for a lovely flash of color when viewed at certain angles.


Aaaah, Rich Java! The work-horse of the collection, for sure. Who doesn't love a rich, coffee-brown eyeshadow? It's so versatile and I love the fine gold shimmer running through this one.


As with just about every blue shadow I photograph for this blog, Blue My Mind was impossible to portray accurately. The color you see above it just a bit off--in real life this blue is actually a little bit cooler than what you see here, because there's an almost neon violet shimmer running through it that my camera refused to capture. If you like deep, rich, vibrant royal blues, you will probably adore this one.

I hope these swatches were helpful for those of you who have been eyeing these eyeshadow singles and contemplating a purchase. As I said in my original review, I find these shadows easy to pick up on my brush and easy to apply. Obviously you're going to get a much more intense color when used wet or with primer, but I also like the nice wash of color you get when applied dry. 

You can purchase Milani Metallic Baked Eyeshadows at CVS, Walgreens and Target, and they're also available online at the Milani website and CherryCulture.

Do you already own any Milani Metallic Baked Eyeshadows? If so, what colors do you own and how do you like to wear them? Please check back soon for more swatches of the Marbleized Baked Eyeshadows.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. OOhh, I like Rich Java! SOLD!!! Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I really want to try out Milani sometime, I just got a CVS card last night (you inspired me to try out the extreme couponing world! :) so maybe i'll be able to combine some sales and try one sometime. Another awesome blue that Blue My Mind reminds me of is the pigment "MIngles" by Glamour Doll Eyes, it's a really awesome VIBRANT blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Java reminds me of UD smog, at first glance anyway...possible dupe? I love all Milani products. Great quality, and affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh i need teal the truth. Ill have to look for it the next time I go to Walgreens. Ive been wanting a nice teal eyeshadow. These look alot like the Sally's girl baked eyeshadows. I love those things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're all so gorgeous!
    I really want that blue my mind. Ihave been trying to talk myself out of it though. I already have mac sea & sky as well as NK HD e/s 3020, jessie's girl MOONBEAM. I'll proably cave though. LOL Thanks for swatching & sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look identical to my Sally Girl baked eyeshadows! Have you ever seen them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are BEAUTIFUL! I love the Blue my mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such pretty shades! makes me want to start wearing shadows!!! The Teal the Truth is especially pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought all of these and the "I heart you" shade for 70 cents at the CVS clearance sale!! Can you believe I got them for 70 cents?? Crazy.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig