Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spotted: new Sinful Colors neon display

It's neon season again and this year's Sinful Colors neon display is about six times the size of previous years! (Remember 2009's Neon Nights display? That was tiny compared to this year's display!) 

If you'd like more information about the shades, including which ones are new and which are repromotes, Nightly Nails has a great summary here. I'm excited that Irish Green, from the St. Patty's Day display, has made a reappearance in this neon display.

A HUGE thanks to my lovely reader Abby for these great pics and for confirming that the orange shade is Summer Peach

image credit for all of the following photos: Abby for Nouveau Cheap


Please note: cameras have a tendency to wash out neons, so that's why you see a little bit of white in these pics.


 If you'd like to see swatches of the yellow shade, Neon Melon, Nightly Nails has pics here.


I'm wondering if any of these Nail Art Stripers are repromotes of the Nail Art display I spotted at Rite Aid last summer?? I'm willing to bet that at least the yellow, purple and pink shades are.


The retail price for the stripers and polishes is, as always, $1.99 each.

Thanks again, Abby, for the great pics and the scoop! 

Have you spotted this gigantic Sinful Colors neon display at your local Walgreens yet? Have you purchased any of these shades? What do you think of them?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Saw this display today at Walgreens and bought Dream On. I would have loved to see a blue neon though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneaky Wags! Having the sale before putting this display out! Darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw it two weeks ago before the 99 cent sale and during that sale the store manager pulled the polishes from the display and told me that because it's new they won't put them back out until after the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Wags had this display out last summer... Weird. Like I've had Neon Melon, the neon orange, and a couple of the neon pinks in my swap box since last fall. Odd for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw these at my Walgreens today! I wasn't sure if the nail art ones were Sinful Colors or not, thanks for the clarification! And yes, these are WAY brighter in real life than in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might get some of the nail art things they look nice and maybe a polish. I finally saw the island escape collection and the Orly pinup collection at Sallys if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, thanks for the link lady! :) I'm going to update that Neon Melon isn't new, it's a repromote to my post.
    Secondly - super sneaky to put this out right after the sale ended! I thought so too, when I saw it. Good to know about the stripers, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw these before the 99 cent sale. I was able to go back and purchase them on for the sale price :) I guess it depends on the particular stores.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmigosh! I want to make out with this display!!! It's so pretty and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stopped myself from purchasing one of these because I'm on a nail polish no-buy right now. So many of my nail polishes have dried up before using much of it, so I'll hold back for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried the purple nail art stripr and it was terrible. Really streaky and the brush applied it too thick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. FYI, these are matte. Still cool, but not what I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought "Dream On" color number "80" which is one of those electric purples in the photos above. In the bottle, that is. When I bought mine at Target, there was no separate display, just all the colors lined up on the regular nail polish wall. So, when I tried Dream On, imagine my surprise and disappointment when it came out flat matte and much darker than the color you see in the bottle. I guess you could call it "grape" but it's not as pretty as what I was expecting, and it came off my toenails very quickly, in big pieces. Not good.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig