Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Revlon Fire & Ice Collection

When I was at Rite Aid I spotted the new Revlon Limited Edition Fire & Ice collection, and what's funny is that right after I spotted it, I got a lovely email from my wonderful reader Carla, who had just spotted this same display at her local Bed Bath & Beyond and sent me a pic of it! Thanks so much, Carla, for thinking of me!



This is a vintage-inspired collection that features Jessica Biel reenacting a classic Revlon ad from 1952 (see insert). This is a really special collection for Revlon fans because it features the FIRST lipstick shade Revlon ever created, called Fire & Ice.  The other three lipsticks are all new shades, and each lipstick has an accompanying nail color.

What I really LOVE about these products is that they feature the original Revlon logo (the word Revlon is in cursive). I couldn't resist and actually purchased something from this collection, which I'll review soon.

Left to right: All Fired Up (nail color), Fire & Ice (lipstick)
Siren (nail polish and lipstick)

Please note: the colors in the above photo are a bit washed out. In real life, these nails colors are vivid red and orange.  And the lipsticks are both cremes and very vivid as well (and sooo wonderfully retro!).

From left to right: Temptress (nail color and lipstick)
Demure (nail color and lipstick)

Although both nail colors above are cremes, the lipsticks are actually on the shimmery/frosty side. I really love both of these shades though--Temptress is such a classic shade of pink (very 50s) and Demure is just that: a soft, peachy salmon.

So, are you excited about this retro collection? Have you already spotted it at your local drugstores? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Def going to look for this tomorrow! That pink sounds pretty :) Might have to pick up that red one too (the lipsticks). xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I'd love to know how close Demure is to Mac's Fresh Salmon. If it's at all close I'd love to get my hands on it as I'm quite sad I missed the Mac one and this sounds lovely! Can't wait for your review of the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the peachy colours look good. Thanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for anything orange =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this anywhere yet! I don't know if I'll buy any of them or not, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gosh, retro Revlon creme lipsticks? HECK YES. i want them all.

    secondly, love that they recreated the original groundbreaking ad/collection, but eep, that photo of Biel looks rather awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen this yet, but I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely want to check this out. Maybe I'll buy the original Fire and Ice. Finally, something retro that even I'm too young to remember! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to find this in my area! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better than Suede Rhapsody, Revlon outdoes themselves again. Is Gucci Westman behind this collection, too? Anything retro in my book is immediate love. I'll be hoarding my Extra Bucks and hoping it comes out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure why they had Jessica Biel model some of the cosmetics, doesn't make me want to buy it at all... She does not look good in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm seriously going to buy all of these if I can find them! I love Revlon lipstick and I love vintage. I just replenished my tube of Fire&Ice last week but it wasn't in the fun, retro packaging. I'm all about the classic Revlon colors like Cherries In The Snow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This display is missing the LE Fire & Ice silver tube. It comes in a box on the left side of a display. My Ulta had two displays for this collection.... and I don't know why they didn't include the LE tube with all of them. The Biel ad's don't bother me so much. Natalie Portman would have been pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just saw these at my local CVS. I was very tempted by the Demure lipstick, since I'm on the quest for a good warm pink, but it's so hard to see the color in the packaging they use. I'll wait until I see watches online & then hope they're still out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the nail polish in "Demure" which I ordered from drugstore.com. I was wondering why the logo was in cursive! The polish is a pretty peachy pink, looks good on my brown skin.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig