Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, March 20, 2010

Review: New Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Lip Gloss and Color Treat Anti-Aging Lipstick

A little while ago I mentioned that I received the newest releases from Prestige, and I have already reviewed one of them (click here for the My Longest Lashes Mascara review) so today I'd like to review two of the other products for you!

To refresh your memory, here is the scoop on these two products:

I received the Color Treat Anti-Aging Lipstick in Beautifully Buff, which is a very wearable, natural, light pinky-brown shade (in case you're not aware, this is one of my very favorite colors for lipsticks):

The first thing I noticed about this lipstick is that it goes on almost like a balm. It's very smooth on the lips, and I just adore the pinky-brown shade. It's definitely one of those shades that you can throw on with just about any look and be out the door in a minute looking polished and ready to go.

I can't really speak to the anti-aging benefits because I haven't been wearing it long enough to see any results, but I can tell you that it's nice and emollient and not drying in the slightest. The color makes my face look instantly more healthy and it just makes me look like I'm glowing a bit. Also, I am very impressed with the staying power of this shade. Usually when a lipstick is this moisturizing, it tends to disappear from my lips within about 30 minutes. I can get a few hours of color from this lipstick without having to reapply, which is fantastic. And I also like that when it fades, it doesn't fade inconsistently (don't you hate it when a lipstick fades on the inner portion of your lips but the outer portion stays intact?).

I should also add that the fragrance of this lipstick is sort of a generic "lipstick scent" with a tiny hint of melon (at least that's what I'm picking up). And there is very minimal flavor to this lipstick--barely anything at all.

Let's move on to the new Skin Loving Minerals Lasting Moisture Lip Gloss:



I received the shade Glistening Sand, which is a super pretty, slightly shimmery, nude beige. This is one of those shades that you can easily wear with a smoky eye, on its own for a natural look, or layered over a deeper shade of lipstick.

I think it's absolutely fantastic to see a lipgloss that we can get at the drugstore that is mineral oil and paraben-free. Also, there are no artificial fragrances in this gloss. To me, this gloss smells slightly fruity, slightly floral, and kind of "clean". It's hard to explain but it's quite pleasant and not overpowering. The flavor is subtle and slightly fruity as well, which I like.

Ladies, I am LOVING this gloss! It applies so smoothly and it's not excessively sticky or tacky, yet it's got great staying power. I'm able to make this last on my lips for a few hours, which is a miracle for a gloss-eater like myself. Also, it just feels so soft and cushiony on the lips. As the ad promises, this gloss provides "hours of moisture for even the driest lips". I have to say, that's totally true. My lips are in pretty bad shape right now and this truly delivers on the moisture. For a sheer gloss that is free from mineral oil and parabens, you're not going to find a better deal at your local drugstore. I highly recommend this one.

Because these shades are so natural-looking, I had a hard time trying to take pics of these colors on my lips, so let me show you some swatches on the back of my hand:



I hope this review helps you to better determine whether or not these products might be a good fit for you. I'd love to hear your thoughts, and if you've tried either one of these products already, I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. these look great! I can't wait to pick up the gloss! I'm not really a gloss person. The only glosses I like are Maybelline color sensational and Nars. These ook like something I won't be dissapointed by; thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be checking out the lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really pretty lipstick shade! It doesn't matter what lipstick I buy, for some reason I keep going back to L'Oreal's Juice Stick that is discont. But maybe once that one is gone, I will search for my next go-to lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like looking at new lipsticks but I never wear them, haha. I'll definitely go check out those glosses though, since I tend to eat my glosses also :X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have these though different colors in each. The lipstick is in another state right now so I'm not sure on the color. I agree, the lipstick feels like a balm and I think fills out my lips beautifully. I have a hard time keeping lipstick on in general and have a thin top lip which too easily wears lipstick outside my actual lips. I like the feel and the color which was more of a mauve. The gloss feels great and has a slight shimmer to it which reflects well. I dig and would also recommend, especially for people who don't smear regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that lipgloss - what a great neutral color. Plus, the little sparks of shimmer are just so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you know if these products are limited edition or part of the permanent line?
    i think i've found my HG red lipstick in the prestige color treat anti-aging lipstick line and i would hate for it to be limited edition =/

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig