Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 31, 2009

Review: Sally Girl Eyeshadows (I still can't believe these are 99 cents each)

I've talked about Sally Girl Eyeshadows on this blog in the past, but now that I have a better camera (not sure if you noticed but my pictures are no longer being taken on my Crappy Blackberry Camera!) I want to give you a better look at these little gems.

I know a lot of you already own Sally Girl Eyeshadows from Sally Beauty, but in case you haven't heard of them or tried them before, let me tell you that most Sally Girl products are 99 cents each. Yes, they come in teeny tiny little packages, but sometimes that's all you need, right? I think I can count on one hand the eyeshadows I've used up completely over the years (maybe two or three?) so really, sometimes the smaller the better. Especially if you're itching to experiment with some colors that aren't normally in your daily routine.

That said, the Sally Girl Eyeshadow singles are small but I love how they all snap together (sort of like those mark. products) and you can literally build your own handy little palette. Here's mine:


For the price, these shadows just can't be beat. Yes, some of them are more deeply pigmented than others (in my experience the shimmers are more pigmented than most of the mattes) and the consistency varies slightly from color to color, but all in all these are very decent shadows. Many of them require no base and will last all day (in my experience, "White Chocolate", which is the dark gray, and "Black Brown" which is the matte medium brown, do require a base or else they'll fade after about 4 hours) and they come in an impressive array of different shades for every taste and skintone.

One thing that they do all have in common is that, for a powder formula, these shadows are nice and creamy. No cheap chalkiness to these babies at all.

By the way, I purchased "Cinnamon" and "Copper", in addition to some other goodies that I'll review in the future, during that Sally Girl sale I mentioned the other day. :)

Do you like Sally Girl Shadows? If you haven't tried them before, do you think you'll consider picking some up in the future? I'd love to know your thoughts!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. YA! I have 3 of these also and I love them, I dont know why I dont use them... more I have: Turquoise, Glow Green and Coral. Turquoise and Glow green are veerrrryyy pigmented. But I think the problem Ive had w/ these is, they shatter very easily.. at least thats what happened to my Coral shade. :( those first 4 shades you have look very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't heard about this product before.. =(

    thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've seen these really cute sally eyeshadows before from other bloggers and they look really pretty and quiet pigmented for 99cents. thats awesome!!

    ive only been in a sally beauty supply store once and i should pay a visit again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have most of them now. They are like little candies that I grab before I check out. The glosses are fun too, oh and the blushes are nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot of things about Sally Girl Eyeshadows. Always wanted to try it, but it isnt available in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these shadows!!! I have a couple...bark, cloud (I think those are the names)...and a couple of others. Really great quality for a fantastic price!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sheila! I'm glad that the colors you own are so pigmented--I'll have to check those out! So when you say they shatter, is this from the usual wear and tear or do they shatter if you accidentally drop them? Thanks! :)

    Hi rhaindropz! I think you should take a trip to Sally Beauty and check these out! :)

    Hey Becky! Oh I definitely think it's time for you to stop by Sally and check these out! lol. And remember, they have a great variety of China Glaze polishes at Sally too. :)

    Hey T! Oh I can totally see this happening with me! For 99 cents, how can you *not* pick up one or two at a time? xo

    Hi NikkiDoo! I'm sorry that you don't have Sally in your country. That is a bummer! :(

    Hey Tanya! How you doin', girl? I'm not surprised at all that you already own some of these. :) Glad to hear you love 'em too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i picked up a couple of these eyeshadows yesterday after seeing your review of them from before. i got the blue marine color and starry night. have you ever tried the sally girl stripes eyeshadows? i have a couple of those and don't really care for them too much. they aren't as pigmented as these eyeshadows, plus they're really chalky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey CheapChica! Oh that is too funny! :)

    I really love those shades that you got, and now I'm wondering why I didn't pick those up for myself. lol.

    You know, I was so tempted to try one of those stripe eyeshadows, but now I'm glad I didn't! I'm glad I listened to the voice in my head saying, "Naw, get the singles instead." lol! Thanks so much for letting me know that they're not so good. I also picked up a blush and some lip colors, which I'll be reviewing shortly. I have high hopes for that blush--the color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Rec.!Have you checked that "Copper" might be close for your NARS dupe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Michelle! How incredibly sweet of you to remember that!! I did check and I'm afraid that "Copper" is way more gold than NARS "California", which is more on the rust side. :( But the good thing is that "Copper" is a much more wearable color for daytime so I didn't waste my money at all. It's so pretty--I love it! Thanks again--you rock!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been loving on these for a long time! I have Copper and I love it...it's an exact dupe for one of the Aveda shades (can't remember which!).

    I haven't had problem with them shattering and they are *ahem* a few years old. (I know I should toss em but I cant!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lisa Kate! I'm glad you love Copper too! It's such a pretty and versatile color, and extremely hard to believe that's just 99 cents!

    Good to know that you haven't had trouble with these shattering, even after a few years. (And of course I won't tell a soul that you're keeping your eyeshadow for a few years. I do it too!) lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK I'm late to this but I just bought two of these shadows today and LOVE! What a deal!! In Canada, it is $1.39 but heck I can deal with that. I only got two but am already planning to go back and get more -- and try out their blushes!

    Michelle
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig